WHEN YOU NEED THE STRONGEST VR6 PISTON
Building a high powered race engine for road race, drag race, or full out competition racing? JE Pistons for your VW 12V VR6 engine offer the ultimate in strength and reliability in a forged piston.
LEADING PISTON FEATURES
- Ultra-high performance forged piston set
- Optional bore sizing
- Optional NA or boosted compression ratios
- Includes JE Pro Seal piston rings
- Includes wrist pins and pin locks
- No dish deburring or preparation needed
- Individually prepared inspection report of dimensional conformity
- Each piston individually serialized for complete traceability
- 23-point post-production inspection conducted by certified personnel
- Tighter tolerances on 14 critical areas of the piston
- All critical surfaces machined in dedicated Critical Manufacturing Cell
INCLUDED IN PISTON SET
- 6X JE forged VR6 pistons
- 6X JE Pro Seal piston rings sets
- 6X JE straight wall carbon steel wrist pins
- 12X JE wrist pin wire locks
JE piston sets for the VW 12V VR6 engines are offered in 9.0:1 or 10.0:1 compression ratios. Lower compression pistons (9:1) are typically favored on boosted engines on lower octane ratings, resulting in less chance of knock and cylinder detonation than higher compression ratio pistons. Lower compression will sacrifice out of boost power, spool time, and power/torque per pound of boost. Choose your compression ratio accordingly. For naturally aspirated engine builds we recommend using a higher compression ratio piston (10.0:1). Speak with your engine tuner about the fuel and boost pressures used to determine the best compression for your engine.
JE offers your choice of bore size to suit your build. You have the option of +1mm overbore sizing (82mm) or +2mm (83MM) oversized bores. Overbore pistons require additional machine work including a cylinder bore and hone. This work must be performed by a machine shop. For most performance engine builds, we recommend overboring the engine block when installing aftermarket pistons. This additional work ensures a proper piston to wall clearance and in most cases results in stronger compression, longer piston life, increased ring life, and quieter piston operation.
MEASUREMENTS AND SPECS
+1mm bore size:
- Bore: 82mm
- Stroke: 90.2mm
- Rod size: 164X22
- Weight (9.0:1): 304 grams
- Weight (10.0:1): 296 grams
+2mm bore size:
- Bore: 83mm
- Stroke: 90.2mm
- Rod size: 164X22
- Weight (9.0:1): 306 grams
- Weight (10.0:1): 302 grams
Forged from 2618 T6 aluminum
Engineered for extreme operating environments found in professional motorsport competition, JE manufactures this light yet strong piston from high tensile strength 2618 T6 aluminum. This high-performance alloy is suited for use with high compression ratios, high boost levels, and high octane usage tolerating acceleration forces of more than 8000 G's and directional changes exceeding 200 times a second while minimizing weight. This reliable forging is the ultra-high performance choice when building competition or very high powered boosted engine exceeding street power levels.
Optimized dish & dome design
The piston dish and dome have been individually designed to the combustion chamber of each individual application. Special care has been taken to provide properly placed valve reliefs as needed and feature smooth flowing radii across the surface for excellent flame travel. Designed and verified in JE's dedicated Critical Manufacturing Cell, providing reliable compression ratios and combustion characteristics.
JE Pro Seal piston rings
Every JE piston set includes a complete set of performance matching JE Pro Seal Piston Rings. JE Pro Seal rings are the result of over 60 years of experience in manufacturing racing piston technology such as NASCAR, ALMS, NHRA, and AMA. Pro Seal Ring features barrel-faced top rings made with premium ductile iron, plasma-moly inlays on the ring face combining nickel, chrome, and other trace elements. The second ring sets are taper-faced with a reverse torsional design and finished with a phosphate coating. These high-technology designs reduce friction, lower wear, improve ring seal, and extending ring life.
World class manufacturing and quality control
Meeting the extreme demands of today's ultra-performing race teams, JE Pistons are engineered, manufactured, and verified using during a Critical Process Program unique to JE. All critical surfaces are machined in a dedicated manufacturing cell resulting in tighter tolerances on 14 critical areas. 23-point quality inspection in an environmentally controlled lab maintained at a constant 68 degrees with 40% relative humidity. This ensures consistent and exact measurements and guarantees dimensional conformity. Each piston is serialized and tracked, you can rest assured your piston set is ready to use right out of the box!
- VW - Golf 1993-1999.5 (MK3) 12V 2.8L VR6 engines
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 1999-2005 (MK4) 12V 2.8L VR6 engines
- VW - Corrado 1988-1995 (A3) 12V 2.8L VR6 engines
- VW - Golf 1999-2005 (MK4) 12V 2.8L VR6 engines
- VW - GTI 1993-1999.5 (MK3) 12V 2.8L VR6 engines
- VW - GTI 1999-2005 (MK4) 12V 2.8L VR6 engines
- VW - Jetta 1993-1999 (MK3) 12V 2.8L VR6 engines
Does not fit 24V 2.8L or 3.2L VR6 engines.